Monday, January 09, 2006

Things My Mother Taught Me

(I didnt write these...Dad forwarded them to me, and I thought they were worthy of preserving on my blog ;)

1. My mother taught me TO APPRECIATE A JOB WELL DONE - "If you're going to kill each other, do it outside. I just finished cleaning."

2. My mother taught me RELIGION - "You better pray that will come out of the carpet."

3. My mother taught me about TIME TRAVEL - "If you don't straighten up, I'm going to smack you into the middle of next week!"

4. My mother taught me LOGIC - "Because I said so, that's why."

5. My mother taught me MORE LOGIC - "If you fall out of that swing and break your neck, you're not going to the store with me."

6. My mother taught me FORESIGHT - "Make sure you wear clean underwear in case you're in an accident."

7. My mother taught me IRONY - "If you don't stop that crying I'll give you something to cry about."

8. My mother taught me about the science of OSMOSIS - "Shut your mouth and eat your supper."

9. My mother taught me about CONTORTIONISM - "Will you look at that dirt on the back of your neck!"

10. My mother taught me about STAMINA - "You'll sit there until all that spinach is gone."

11. My mother taught me about WEATHER - "This room of yours looks like a tornado went through it."

12. My mother taught me about HYPOCRISY - "If I've told you once, I've told you a million times, don't exaggerate!"

13. My mother taught me the CIRCLE OF LIFE - "I brought you into this world, and I can take you out of it."

14. My mother taught me about BEHAVIOR MODIFICATION - "Stop acting like your father!"

15. My mother taught me about ENVY - "There are millions of less fortunate children in this world who don't have wonderful parents like you do."

16. My mother taught me about ANTICIPATION - "Just wait till I get you home."

17. My mother taught me about RECEIVING - "You're going to get it when you get home!"

18. My mother taught me MEDICAL SCIENCE - "If you don't stop crossing your eyes, they're going to freeze that way."

19. My mother taught me ESP - "Put your sweater on; don't you think I know when you're cold?"

20. My mother taught me HUMOUR - "When that lawn mower cuts off your toes, don't come running to me."

21. My mother taught me HOW TO BECOME AN ADULT - "If you don't eat your vegetables, you'll never grow up."

22. My mother taught me GENETICS - "You're just like your father."

23. My mother taught me about my ROOTS - "Shut that door behind you. Do you think you were born in a barn?"

24. My mother taught me WISDOM - "When you get to be my age, you'll understand."

25. My mother taught me about JUSTICE - "One day you'll have kids of your own, and I hope they turn out just like you!"

No comments: