Friday, March 25, 2011

B.I.T.C.H.

Tabatha Coffey of "Tabitha's Salon Takeover" (a very fun show!) has been labeled a bitch and has decided to embrace it... She has turned bitch into b.i.t.c.h.:

Brave
Intelligent
Tenacious
Creative
Honest

I love it!! When kids called me a bitch when I was in elementary school, mom tried to turn it around by saying a bitch is a dog, and a d.o.g. is a dainty obedient girl. That helped some then. So now that I'm an adult, I'll go with the b.i.t.c.h. acrostic.

From the article:

Women can have a difficult time standing up for themselves in the workplace -- "Women are such givers," Coffey says -- but she says it is essential to success. Women also fear they will be labeled bitches. But once a woman embraces her inner bitch, Coffey says, it shifts power in her favor. She feels a lot more confident and better about herself.

Strong women can't be put off by people who complain they are intimidating. That's on them, she says. "It's just a sign of their insecurities."

There is, however, a difference between standing up for yourself and refusing to do your job. "If someone asks you to do something that is uncomfortable, is out of (your) boundaries, is not ethical, then, yes, you need to stand up for yourself. If someone's asking you to do your job and you are being lazy and you don't want to go and do your job, then that's a totally different issue."

The Tabatha that people are reacting to, she says, is Tabatha in work mode, but "she's not a bitch. She's just very focused, very driven and has this standard that I expect from myself and everyone around me. Being tough and demanding at work is a part of it, she says, "and it's not a bad thing".


Yeah! You tell 'em, Tabitha!!
Make Custom Gifts at CafePress

No comments: