Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Ten questions to ask your mother now

1. What's the one thing you would have done differently as a mom?
Nothing. I think you guys are wonderful.

2. Why did you choose to be with my father?
He asked. At an appropriate time, when I was ready to get married. He met all my important criteria.

3. In what ways do you think I'm like you?
Too many to name.

4. Which one of us kids did you like the best?
I plead the fifth. A true mother doesnt like either of her children better than the other.

5. Is there anything you have always wanted to tell me but never have?
Yeah, I love you. I don't think you understand how much.

6. Do you think it's easier or harder to be a mother now than when you were raising our family?
Harder now. The culture has gone to hell in a hand basket.

7. Is there anything you regret not having asked your parents?
10,000 genealogy questions: details. What was this person like? What do you remember about this person? Some people I know my mother told me stories about, but I've forgotten them and I wish I had written them down.

8. What's the best thing I can do for you right now?
Always love me.

9. Is there anything that you wish had been different between us -- or that you would still like to change?
I wish you hadn't had your hard years.

10. When did you realize you were no longer a child?
I still haven't realized it. :) In some ways, I wasn't a child anymore when my father died 2 days after my 9th birthday. I had to grow up and take a lot of responsibility.

No comments: