Thursday, August 28, 2008

Quick baking

Last night I actually planned dinner far enough in advance that I could bake loaves of bread and yellow cupcakes for dessert. The bread is a really nice boxed mix that you add seltzer water (or beer) to, stir, and bake for 50 minutes. Done! Which is just enough time to bake two sheets of cupcakes too (24).
Given that most (all?) cupcake pans are multiples of 6, why on EARTH, I ask you, would the Reynolds company decide that baking cups should come in a package of 50? Am I supposed to only mess up two? Am I supposed to bake a sheet of 2? Or am I supposed to rotate them until (after 6 packages of papers) I have a full pan of 12 leftovers?

Enquiring minds want to know.

1 comment:

Gwynne said...

For the same reason that hotdogs come in packages of 10 but buns in packages of 8.

This makes me want to make some beer bread...I forgot how easy that is, and so tasty!