Monday, July 28, 2008

Chunky Monkey - it's not just an ice cream flavor!

The other day I was at the drive-thru for my bank, and snapped these mud-daubbler wasp tubes. I hate these things. You can see at the top of the picture that the bank has scrapped tubes off the bricks in the past...looks like its time to scrape again.
In this picutre, you see the beauty of water erosion. No, this isn't The Badlands..I'll show you pictures of those next year (hopefully). This is my local road construction project.
We're dogsitting for friends this week. Chunky is one of our guests:Chunky is a highly energetic softie. Tera and he had to work out who was the alpha dog (Tera is).
But once they got it worked out, they've been playing non-stop for HOURS. HOURS, I say. Non-stop. Racing around at full speed. Wrestling. Non-stop. It's nice to see Tera have so much fun. I've wondered if she thought her sleep-all-the-time life was boring or a blessing. I think they will need a naptime enforced so that no one gets cranky.
They both know how to look innocent. Who, me?!? I like how Chunky's eyes reflect golden yellow while Tera's reflect orange.

1 comment:

Gwynne said...

Very sweet...nice to know Tera is enjoying her company. :-)