Monday, February 18, 2008

Hairdryer helps you look younger?

MSN had a slideshow called "6 Surprising Ways to Look Younger" and tip number one was


Use your blow-dryer on a cold setting to dry your lotion and sunscreen, says dermatologist Fredric Brandt, MD, author of 10 Minutes/10 Years. Allowing skin care products to set makes your makeup go on more smoothly and last longer.

This is a great idea. I usually put on my Day Solution and then go get dressed so that it has time to absorb before I try to apply my Mineral Powder Foundation. I dont think I own a hairdryer, and if I do its super old and doesn't even have a "cold" setting. But for all y'all that use a blowdryer, that's a good tip!

Tip number four was to use a moisturizer that multitasks. This is precisely why I love TimeWise Age-Fighting Moisturizer With SPF 15, and Tinted Moisturizer with SPF 20. Tip number 5 says to use a moisturizer at night, which is when I use TimeWise Age-Fighting Moisturizer, no SPF, and also Night Solution. The tip says "many anti-aging ingredients stay active longer when they're not exposed to sunlight. Other "anti-agers"--such as topical vitamins, including C and E--don't hold up well in sunlight or air. They're in both day and night products, but you probably get more antioxidant bang for your buck when you apply them before you go to sleep."

No comments: