Friday, July 20, 2007

Catching Up

I haven't been blogging regularly (Duh!) despite having little snippets to say. Most of the snippets revolve around photos I've been taking. So my laziness in retreiving the cord that connects the camera to the computer has meant that I havent posted. In order not to overload you with photos, I'll try to post just a few at a time.

The other day I was going through the Mixing Bowl during morning rush hour, from northbound I-95 onto westbound (inner loop) 495. Coming over the skyramp, I see this:

The emptyish lanes in the middle are the main lanes of the beltway westbound. The next set to the right are the on-ramp lanes, and on the far right are the skyramp lanes.


This is not a good thing. I've never had to stop ON the skyramp before. Ever. You first merge off the skyramp onto 3 lanes of on-ramp which condense to one lane eventually. Meanwhile you have to merge with 5 lanes of beltway traffic. So in this picture, I need to merge left at LEAST 3 lanes. Needless to say, it took a very long time to get to my destination.
Further up the beltway, I see this:
This is what happens when a semi sideswipes your car and freezes the beltway solid. Any questions?

No comments: