Tuesday, November 30, 2004

U.S. Homeland Security Secretary Tom Ridge will announce his resignation today. Ridge, 59,
told colleagues he was tired and needed to earn more money for his two children's college educations, the Associated Press reported July 30. His salary is $175,000.


Wow. If Tom cant manage to save money to send TWO kids to college on $175,000/year then he needs some financial advice from a good retirement/investment planner. Heck, -I'll- give him some advice: sell the $5 million home, buy a smaller one for $600,000. Put the difference in mortgages into savings every month. Done.

As for the "tired" part, take a good B-vitamin complex, a good anti-depressant, install true-light bulbs in your office, and get a weekly massage.

Those are pretty lame excuses.

Now, perhaps they are code. Perhaps he really means, "You couldnt pay me enough to stay in this hot zone of political backstabbing and infighting. I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired. I'm tired of being damned no matter what I do. I'm tired of slaving away for the ungrateful masses. I'm tired of eroding liberty in the name of security."

As Thomas Jefferson supposedly said, "Those who would trade liberty for a small security will have neither."

No comments: