Friday, July 30, 2004

9-11 Commission report says "The period after the August 1998 embassy bombings was critical in shaping U.S. policy toward Bin Ladin. Although more Americans had been killed in the 1996 Khobar Towers attack, and many more in Beirut in 1983, the overall loss of life rivaled the worst attacks in memory.More ominous, perhaps,was the demonstration of an operational capability to coordinate two nearly simultaneous attacks on U.S. embassies in different countries."

I guess I'm uneducated in the area of conducting operations, but I don't see how its any big deal to have nearly simultaneous attacks. Even in different countries.

You make a timeline for one, make a copy with the equivalent times for the other. Where's the problem? Is it a personnel issue? I just dont see how two "nearly" simultaneous attacks is a hard thing to coordinate. What am I missing?

No comments: