Friday, January 16, 2004

Two posts in one day? Unheard of! Next thing you know, people will be coming to my site everyday to read this silly thing.

Mom sent me a link to a World View test: http://www.worldviewweekend.com. You have to register to take the test.

My score is: 154 points of 170 possible, 90%, which is classified as a Strong Biblical Worldview Thinker.
Here's how my score breaks down:

Civil Government: 81%
Because I said:
"Tend to Agree" instead of "Strongly Agree" to the statement " As long as government is serving the purpose for which God created it, government is approved by God."
"Tend to Disagree" instead of "Strongly Agree" to the statement "The more a government resembles a pure democracy the more disorder and confusion occur." Hmm... perhaps I dont know what a pure democracy is?

Economics: 100%

Education: 75%
Because I said:
"Strongly Agree" instead of "Strongly Disagree" to the statement "The federal government should require students to pass a national test before graduating from high school."

Family: 100%

Law: 82%
Because I said:
"Tend to Disagree" instead of "Strongly Disagree" to the statement " The wording "separation of Church and State" is found in the U.S. Constitution."
So that implies that the wording is not literally in the Constitution. I confess I've never read the whole thing.
"Tend to Disagree" instead of "Strongly Disagree" to the statement " Our judicial system should allow judges, through their decisions and rulings, to guide and shape the foundational basis of law."

Religion: 93%
Because I said:
"Strongly Disagree" instead of "Strongly Agree" to the statement " Both Secular Humanism and Marxism are religious worldviews."
Hmm. I guess I need a definition of "religion". Is anti-religion a religion?
"Tend to Disagree" instead of "Strongly Disagree" to the statement " There is a Bible verse that states that God helps those that help themselves." ... didn't sound right, but I wasnt sure that there wasnt some Proverb that could be paraphrased in that way... something like those proverbs about the ant collecting food instead of being lazy, perhaps?

Science: 100%

Social Issues: 75%
Because I said:
"Strongly Disagree" instead of "Strongly Agree" to "Truth is discoverd by man, not created."
Ok, I think wording comes into play here. I strongly agree that man does not create Truth, man merely discovers the Truth that God created. So ...
"Tend to Disagree" instead of "Strongly Disagree" to "Biblically minded Christians should look at the issues of the world as falling into one of two categories, the secular and the sacred."
Hmm... is every single issue in the world a sacred issue? I'll have to think about that.

Intrigued? Angry? Go register your own opinions by taking their test!

No comments: